Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas Walk


Years ago I used to hike my dogs a lot-several times a week. Over time I have gotten out of the habit of hiking and letting them free run. Christmas Day I decided to change this, I contacted a few friends and off we went hiking. We had a pack of 6 greyhounds, one golden retriever and 3 people.

It was a lovely walk until we met up with some fresh cow manure. Darby investigated it first-rolled and then proceeded to shake, flinging it everywhere.





Lisa had a great attitude about it saying all she had to do was walk across the road to go home and hose him off,  Terry and I were secretly  happy it wasn't our dogs. I looked over in horror and realized Echo was doing the same thing. It didn't show as well on her since she is a dark brindle. But she was covered as thoughly....and I did have to put her in the car to take her home! It smelled bad.
 Maybe that is why I stopped hiking them????







The rest of the walk was lovely and the dogs went home and slept the rest of the day. A good dog is a tired dog. I will have to add hiking back into our routine.



3 comments:

Muttsandaklutz said...

Ohhhhhh my!!! Dogs -- WHAT are they thinking! Those photos are priceless.

But so true, there's nothing like a good off leash hike with the dogs. Definitely one of my favourite things to do.

Hazel said...

Great outing,photos,and the commentary is priceless.

houndstooth said...

Ha ha ha! Oh, that sounds like a miserable ride home, but I'm still glad you got out and had a great time with them!