Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Whisper's Weekend

Most of my recent posts have been about agility. My next posts will be about my new cat-or tracking-or anything else but agility.

The same weekend I entered Lyric of course I entered Whisper. She is a fun responsive dog to run. She is learning to really love the game and always wants her turn. Hopefully my handling is getting up to her speed. I know she would like to go faster than I can handle her. Consistently she is better in Jumpers than Standard. She earned her MXJ this weekend with this run.

">

In Standard we seem to have problems consistently hitting the contacts. So each run I am worried about the dog walk or the A frame and something else happens. In the below run she is handling well but after the tire I have to call her off the table. Later in the course I send her to the table. She looks at me to make sure I am sure that is the next obstacle. Well in Excellent B that fails her run. Frustrating because how to train for that. Better direction I guess. Oh well at least we hit the contacts!

">

On the last day I am very cautious of the contacts and now nervous about the table as well. She QQed that day.

">

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Whisp is sooooo entertaining to watch--I just love seeing her do the weave poles!!

Donna