Thursday, December 3, 2009

New Cat

After the hike at Ft Ord the dogs and I went to a local rescue group Town Cats . It was overwhelming. Cats were everywhere. There must have been at least 100 to chose from. It is a no kill shelter that pulls cats from local kill shelters as well as taking turn ins from owners.


I was looking for a middle age male to go along with my female cat Miss Cleo. After spending an hour looking at the cats-and getting confused by so many I had my choice narrowed down to three cats. We brought all three cats into the office and one by one I introduced each dog. The cat that was bothered the least- the lucky one- was a handsome grey boy Genki. He had been at the shelter/rescue group for 1 1/2 yrs. So home he went with a new name Genghis as in Genghis Khan.



After living with about 100 cats, a few dogs were nothing. Very little seems to faze him.




5 comments:

Hiking Hounds said...

Congratulations on the new family member! He is very handsome. What a lucky boy too.

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Oh, he is handsome. I do love grey or blue. How does Cleo like him?

Aragon greyhounds said...

She was hysterical when she first met him. Then she saw his food bowl filled with food. She is on a bit of a diet. She forgot him and dove into his food. All is forgiven if he can keep bringing the food.

Lushorama said...

Lucky cat!!!

Team Zero Gravity said...

What a gorgeous Russian Blue boy. He reminds of a cat I had many years ago, Lani. I hope you, Cleo and the dogs enjoy him :)